I’m sorry for being inactive at the moment, but I’m have muse troubles (as in thereby lack of), so I’ll be on a semi-hiatus until I can get my inner Luffy back!
"OMG, OMG! they have like the same hair!"
I don’t want to hear that any more, just like “their hair is the same, their personalities must be the same too!” “Oda just run out ideas, I’m dissapointed!”, “Sabo is not an original character!”, “replacement!”
NO! Are you guys blind or have you forgotten how Ace actually looked like?
Their hair is similar length and they both have parting but that’s about it.
Sabo has curly hair, while Ace has only slight waves. Sabo’s hair is evenly cut, Ace’s not so much. Sabo has generally tame hair, Ace has strands going in all directions.
I added Luffy just for comparison. If anything, Ace and Luffy have somewhat similar hair. I imagine, that had Luffy let his hair grow a bit he would start to look like his older brother.
Thanks for taking the time to do this! I haven’t heard some of those complains before, but I thought I’d put even more pics of them side by side to really drive the differences between them home:
I guess these aren’t meant to illustrate the differences between their hair as much as the differences between their faces and demeanors. I think the idea that Sabo wanted to make his hair look like Ace’s is a cute headcanon, but using the vague similarity to claim that Oda is trying to have Sabo replace Ace? I’m not feeling that at all.
Sabo and Ace are different people with different histories, different struggles, and different goals, and different ways of being big idiots. Just because Sabo has Ace’s old power now and is also Luffy’s brother doesn’t diminish either of their significance. Sabo being alive doesn’t negate the pain of losing Ace for Luffy—and it doesn’t make the pain he felt as a child for losing Sabo never have happened either.
Until the day Luffy says, “Nah, I’m cool with Akainu and Blackbeard now because I have Sabo!” I’m not feeling that anyone’s replacing anyone here.
☠ Drabble list— You can send one anytime.
- Scream: My character has caused yours to scream out for some reason
- Milkshake: Our characters will have to split a milkshake
- Busted: Your character will catch mine doing something they shouldn’t.
- Time: I’ll write a drabble about our characters doing to a different time/dimension. specify.
- Befriend Me: I wil write a drabble about our characters meeting for the first time in an AU.
- Enamor Me: I will write a fluffy drabble about my character trying to woo yours [be it out of the blue/Valentines Day,feel free to specify.]
- Quiet Me: I’ll write a drabble about my character trying to calm yours down [be it from crying, from lashing out, feel free to specify.]
- Torture Me: I’ll write a drabble about your character torturing mine or vise versa.
- Hug Me: My character will hug yours. Either by surprise or for a specific reason.
- Confess: My character will speak their true feelings about your character. (or about a topic. you may choose.)
- Death: My character’s reaction to your character dying.
- Protect: My character keeps yours safe from harm.
- Revenge: My character will get revenge on yours.
- Healer: My/your character helping your/my character when they are hurt/sick. (Be specific on who gets which role, and whether the pain is physical, emotional, or just having to catch a fever)
- I Do: I will write our characters as a married couple
- Broken: I’ll write our characters breaking up or in an angsty scene.
- Spell: I’ll write my character putting a spell on yours. Or being under a spell/curse.
- « : memory from the past with your character
- » : a future event my character would like to happen with them + yours
- ☼ : A memory my character has with yours that they’ll never forget
- Rain: I’ll write a fluffy drabble of our characters kissing in the rain.
- Pet: I’ll write a drabble of my character buying yours a pet. (specify what kind.)
- Sleep: I’ll write a drabble of my character snuggling in bed with yours.
- Nightmare: I’ll write my character having a nightmare about yours, or vice versa.
- Kiss: I’ll write our characters sharing a kiss, it can be innocent or passionate.
- Murder: I’ll write my character killing yours or vice vesra.
- Home: I’ll write our characters living together.
- Love: I’ll write our character’s falling in love.
- Death: I’ll write our character’s mourning over each other.
- Insane: I’ll write my character is insane inside asylum and yours is the doctor, vice versa
- Secret: My character tells your character a secret.
- Candy Corn: Your character or mine being cheesy to the other
- Stars: Our characters under the stars together
- Snow: Our characters in the cold together
- Candles: Our characters enjoying a moment by candlelight
- Peppermint: Your character or mine, sharing a sweet secret with the other.